End of Chapter 3 – Down Comes the Rain pt. III,
Harrowing the Hook &
The Haunted Heart pt. II
The PCs travel to Turtleback Ferry and discover that ogres have taken the fort. After rescuing the last three surviving members of the Black Arrows, the PCs mount a daring raid against Fort Rannick and defeat the ogres within, only to learn that greater dangers are afoot. Soon thereafter, unnatural rains flood Turtleback Ferry and the PCs must explore the ruins of an ancient dam called Skull’s Crossing. After saving the town from disaster, the PCs learn the ogres of Hook Mountain were to blame for the strange weather. The PCs climb Hook Mountain to end the ogre menace once and for all, only to learn that the ogres might be the least of Varisia’s problems: the giants of the Storval Plateau are preparing for war.
The party gains 28000 XP each:
- 1600 XP for slaying the skull ripper at skull’s crossing
- 3200 XP for opening the floodgates
- 3200 XP for putting Myriana to rest
- +2400 XP bonus for putting Lamatar Bayden to rest
- 2400 XP for slaying the ogres at the clanhold entrance
- 3200 XP for killing the hill giant and his ogre guards
- 3200 XP for slaying the clanhold ogres and their captain
- 1600 XP for killing the annis hags
- 4800 XP for killing the stone giant king and his guards
- +2400 XP bonus for killing Lucrecia
The party reaches level 10!
The party concludes chapter 4!