End of Chapter 2 – The Skinsaw Murders pt. 6, 7: The Seven’s Sawmill pt. 2 & The Shadow Clock
When a string of murders strikes Sandpoint, the PCs begin piecing together clues and soon realize the region may well face a plague of ghouls. After investigating murder scenes, interviewing victims, and perhaps running into some unexpected trouble along the way, the search for answers leads the PCs to Foxglove Manor. Arriving at Foxglove Manor, the PCs find the rumors about the mansion being haunted are entirely true. Eventually, they confront the murderer-a ghoulishly transformed Aldern Foxglove-only to discover he’s been working for another group based in Magnimar. Retracing his steps, the PCs come to the largest city in western Varisia and uncover a sinister secret society, finally confronting its monstrous leader atop a teetering clock tower.
The party gains 13100 XP each:
- 1500 XP for defeating the cultists
- 1000 XP for defeating Ironbriar
- +1000 XP bonus for releasing him from mind control
- +1500 XP bonus for exposing his involvement in the conspiracy
- 1200 XP for slaying the scarecrow
- 600 XP for surviving the falling bells
- 800 XP for slaying the faceless stalkers
- 3000 XP for killing Xanesha
- +2500 XP bonus for exposing her conspiracy
The party reaches level 7!
The party concludes chapter 2!